I’ve completed several training courses with IBA and can recommend them so much, I want to convert my whole career with them! Donna is an exceptional trainer and meeting a couple more who have a wealth of knowledge and experience, you know you are getting the every best training with IBA! The training is brilliant! Very hands on which I love and with small groups, you can really maximise your time with the trainer.
What is a B12 Injection course?
Vitamin B12 injections are very effective. Vitamin B12 injections are the most common way to prevent or treat a deficiency. The injections are prescribed by and given intramuscularly, or into muscle.
Injections are usually given as hydroxocobalamin or cyanocobalamin.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 injections:
- Helps With Red Blood Cell Formation and Anemia Prevention.
- May Prevent Major Birth Defects.
- May Support Bone Health and Prevent Osteoporosis.
- May Reduce Your Risk of Macular Degeneration.
- May Improve Mood and Symptoms of Depression.
- May Benefit Your Brain by Preventing the Loss of Neurons.
- May Give You an Energy Boost.
- Help maintain weight loss.
Your body uses vitamin B12 to make red blood cells, nerves, DNA and protein. B12 also helps metabolise fat and carbohydrates.
We will cover both theory and practical application of the B12 injectables course, developing your knowledge and understanding.
- Health and safety
- Guidelines and requirements
- Pernicious anaemia and other macrocytic anaemias
- Contra-indications and actions
- B12 and autoimmune disorders
- Risk factors
- Causes of B12 deficiency
- B12 injections and common side effects
- Side effects and management including ADRs
- Correct administration and techniques including practical session
- Injection sites
- Advice post injection
- Client care and consultation
- Legal Issues including consent
- Prescribing Issues – Patient Specific Directions
- What to record
- Disposal of injections/waste
- Infection control
- Patient safety
- After advice for patients
How long does this treatment take?
The process in the salon takes 15 minutes.
How long does it last?
Dependent on client needs.
Duration: 1/2 a day
What’s included in the kit?
1 x pack of 10 B12
10 drawing up needles
10 incision needles
Entry Requirements: nurse, GP, dentist and level 3 therapist only.
Patch Testing: requires none